🏆 In a hurry? Here’s our #1 pick:
What is the best Hardside Luggage Set?
If you’re looking for a best, Hardside Luggage Set, our top rated pick is the World Traveler 2 Piece.
If you are currently a soft luggage user and are wondering why so many people prefer hardside luggage, our list of the Best Hardside Luggage Sets is a great place for you to start your research!
Raise your hand if you have ever dealt with the following scenario: you are at the airport waiting for your luggage at Baggage Claim when you finally see your bags arrive.
It is a welcome sight because – let’s be honest – you are always on pins and needles at baggage claim wondering if your luggage will have actually made it to your destination along with you.
But then you see several other bags thrown on top of it, which means that if you had anything fragile in there, it is likely now flattened or, worse, broken.
Or, better yet, you are outdoors with your luggage and your bags happen to get soaked. Since soft luggage is less likely to be waterproof or water resistant, it unfortunately does not protect its contents as well and your clothes and other belongings are more likely to get soaked.
One additional bonus to hardside luggage is that the sets offer easy storage. Because they are different sizes, the smaller suitcases nest inside each other so that you only need to worry about storing one suitcase (the largest one).
These are just a couple of the perks of hardside luggage compared to soft luggage. If you are ready to make the switch, but are not quite sure which brands would best suit your needs, continue on with our list of Best Hardside Luggage Sets!
The 19 Best Hardside Luggage Sets
- 1. World Traveler 2 Piece Hardside Upright Spinner Luggage Set
- 2. Samsonite Hardside Luggage Winfield 2 Fashion HS 3-Piece Set
- 3. Steve Madden Luggage 3 Piece Hard Case Suitcase Set with Spinner Wheels
- 4. Kemyer 650 Lightweight 3-Piece Expandable Hardside Spinner Set
- 5. Traveler’s Choice Tasmania Polycarbonate 3-Piece Luggage Set
- 6. Coollife Luggage Suitcase 3-Piece Set with TSA Lock Spinner Hardshell Lightweight
- 7. Merax Travelhouse Hard Case Luggage Set – 3 Piece Expandable Lightweight Spinner Luggage
- 8. Rockland 3-Piece Vision Polycarbonate ABS Hardside Luggage Set
- 9. Samsonite Omni Hardside 3-Piece Set Spinner 20 24 28
- 10. Hauptstadtkoffer Hardside Luggage Set
- 11. Rockland Hardside Luggage 3-Piece Set
- 12. Nautica Tide Beach 3 Piece Hardside Spinner Luggage Set
- 13. Travel Buddies Hardside Luggage Set, Percy Penguin
- 14. TravelCross Columbia Lightweight Hard Case Luggage 3 Piece
- 15. Beverly Hills Country Club Malibu 3-Piece Hardside Spinner Set
- 16. LEMOONE 3 Piece Hardside Spinner Luggage Set
- 17. Merax Dreamy Hard Case Luggage Set – 3 Piece Expandable Suitcase ABS+PC with TSA Lock
- 18. Travelpro Inflight Lite 2 Piece Hardside Spinner Set
- 19. Travelers Choice Freedom 3 Piece Lightweight Hard-Shell Spinning Rolling Luggage Set
What is the BEST Polycarbonate Luggage Set?
The SimplyBestOf.com editor's choice is the Samsonite Winfield polycarbonate luggage set.
|Samsonite Winfield DLX Polycarbonate Luggage||78||Check Price|
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions that people have when it comes to choosing the best hardside luggage sets.
A hardside luggage, as the name suggests, refers to luggage or suitcases that are made of a hard shell; typically high-tech plastics such as ABS and polycarbonate, making them lightweight yet sturdy. Hardside luggage has a clear advantage— it does not deflate and thus offers better protection.
We found that World Traveler 2 Piece Hardside Luggage Sets is the best hardside luggage, followed closely by Samsonite Winfield 2 Fashion HS 3-Piece Hardside Luggage Sets and then Coollife Hardshell Lightweight 3-Piece Luggage Set.
Its shell is made of polycarbonate, making it lightweight and durable at the same time. They’re sold in pairs; a larger hardside wheeled luggage and a smaller 12-inch shoulder bag but its design ensures that you wouldn’t have to carry them separately— the smaller handbag stacks conveniently on top of the larger upright roller luggage.
Two hardside suitcases, a smaller one and a larger one; respectively, 12 inches and 21 inches in length. A TSA three-digit combination lock, 360-degree spinner wheels, and expandable up to 2 inches; allowing you to pack an extra row of clothes! These are just some of the comforts you get to enjoy with this package.
Hardside luggage, since its shell is made of a rigid material, offers more protection. Modern hardside luggage or suitcases are made of high-tech plastics such as ABS and polycarbonate— this allows them to be lightweight and durable at the same time.
Depending on what better fits your needs, you can either go with hardside luggage or softside luggage— hardside luggage does a better job of protecting your belongings whereas a softside luggage can expand and thus allows you to fit more goods into it.
If you’re looking for something lightweight then you can’t go wrong with Coollife Hardshell Lightweight Luggage. It’s the lightest hardside luggage on our list that also offers premium quality, portability, and of course durability.
At 16 inches it weighs 4.7 lbs and has a capacity of 20 litres. Similarly, at 24 inches it weighs around 7.9lbs and offers a capacity of 60 litres!
While polypropylene is going to be lighter, it is also thinner, more flexible and easier to damage. If you want durability, then you're going to want polycarbonate luggage.
The Best Hardside Luggage Set is sturdy and protects your belongings from getting wet or damaged. What hardside luggage set do you think is the best for traveling?